Bingo Chat Etiquette
If you are new to a Bingo chat room then there a few etiquette guidelines you should follow. Here is our guide to Chat Etiquette.
- There is usually a person in charge of the room and they are called the Chat Master. It is really important to always be polite to the CM and listen to their instructions. If they are telling you off for something, accept you made a mistake and apologize or you could be banned!
- Using capital letters when you are speaking is actually considered rude. It is the same as shouting at someone. If you do it by accident then apologize. Also the Chat Masters sometimes use capitals letters to differentiate themselves from general users so don’t walk on their turf!
- Always be polite and respectful, a chat room is no place to be abusive.
- If you have had several big wins then don’t brag too much about it. This can cause bad feeling with other people in the chat who may not have won for some time.
- When playing online bingo you will have to choose a screen name, the same when you are in a chat room. Always remember to be considerate of other players and make sure that the name you choose is not going to cause offence.
- Never sell other Bingo sites in a chat room, it is considered very bad form.
- Don’t gossip about other players. It doesn’t matter if they are in the room or not, it is still considered rude.